The Styles feature is a tool that helps you quickly apply pre-made color and font combinations to your chosen templates. There are four ways to use the Styles feature in your designs:
- Apply ready-made color and font combinations using the “Styles” tab on the artboard.
- Extract colors from photos used in designs.
- Transfer color and font combinations from other templates.
- Apply colors and fonts from your Brand Kit.
Read this blog article on how your business can benefit from Styles.
4 different ways to use the VistaCreate Styles feature
1. Apply ready-made color and font combinations
Step 1. Choose a template in your desired format.
Step 2. Click “Styles” in the sidebar menu of the artboard.
Step 3. Choose one of the color and font combinations from “Ready-made Styles”.
Step 4. Keep clicking on your chosen style to try different design options.
2. Transfer a style from a template
Step 1. Open your project or choose a new template.
Step 2. Click “Templates” in the sidebar menu.
Step 3. Find a template with a style that works for your design.
Step 4. Hover over this template and click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
Step 5. Click on the palette and fonts in the pop-up menu to apply them to your design. Shuffle the palette to see different design options.
👉 Note: If you transfer a style to an empty artboard, you’ll have a monochrome design. The Styles tool can only be applied to projects with text or design elements.
3. Extract a style from a photo
Step 1. Choose a template or open your project.
Step 2. Add a photo to your design. You can upload your own image by clicking “Uploads” in the sidebar menu or choose one from VistaCreate by clicking “Photos”.
Step 3. After adding a photo to your design, go to “Styles”. Then, click on the palette under “Image Palettes”.
You can also apply a color palette from an image by hovering over it and clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner.
Step 4. Click “Shuffle” to try different options within the same color palette.
🤓 Pro tip from VistaCreate: Consider removing your image background for more precise color extraction. To do so, click “Remove Background” in the header menu of the artboard.
4. Apply a style from your Brand Kit
Step 1. Open your design or select a template from the VistaCreate library.
Step 2. Select “Styles” in the sidebar menu to see your Brand Kits.
Step 3. Click on your Brand Kit palette to apply it to your design. If you have multiple kits, click on the Brand Kit drop-down menu to see them.
Benefits of using the Styles feature
- No design skills are needed. You don’t need to be a professional designer to create beautiful designs. With the Styles tool, you have ready-made combinations of colors and fonts.
- Well-balanced designs are guaranteed. All palettes from the Styles feature were created by professional designers. So, there’s no need to worry about matching colors or fonts for your projects.
- Time-saving option. Using the Styles feature, you can create balanced designs in no time. Just select a style you like and shuffle the colors in it.
- Easy to maintain consistency. If you have brand colors and fonts, you can apply them to any template in one click. If you want to build your Brand Kit, do so in the editor.