In VistaCreate, Version History allows you to easily access previous versions of your design and continue editing it at any stage. Please note that Version History is a Pro feature that enables you to review, edit, or revert to previous versions of your design.
How version history works
Version History is a Pro feature. If you have a free subscription, your project history will also be saved in VistaCreate, and you can upgrade your account to the Pro plan anytime to gain access to this feature.
A new version of your design process in an artboard will be created in any of the following cases:
- 8 minutes pass since the creation of your current version
- you close a tab
- you reload your browser
- a project is reopened in any other way
- a new version will not be generated if the previous one was created less than 60 seconds ago.
- up to 15 versions of your project are stored
- versions are stored for 3 months
- the latest version of your masterpiece is stored forever
How can I see the version history or my design?
Step 1: Go to the “My Projects” tab on the Homepage and open the project you need in the editor. Click the “File” button at the top toolbar and choose "Version History" from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: On the left side, you will see a list of versions based on the time the project was successfully saved. Choose any version and click on "Restore this version" to start editing it. You can also click on "Copy & Restore", and the chosen version will be duplicated. Continue working with this version in a new tab and create several creative options for your project.
Main perks of the Version History feature:
- Stores up to 15 versions of your project
- Come back to any stored version in the span of 3 months and discover new ideas for your previously used visuals
- Feel free to experiment: you can always go back and take a different approach
- Duplicate a previous version and continue working from a separate tab